Gossip » Alec Baldwin Apologizes For Airline Meltdown

Occasionally volatile actor Alec Baldwin has issued an apology for the crazy incident that saw him get kicked off an American Airlines flight on Tuesday.

Baldwin became irate after his game of Words With Friends was interrupted with the flight from JFK to LAX still at the gate, but the cabin doors closed.

When he was asked to turn off his phone, Baldwin retreated to the bathroom and allegedly slammed the door, leading the pilot to call for his removal.

Today, he's feeling bad about all this. He writes:

Alec Baldwin Apologizes For Airline Meltdown
Alec Baldwin

"First off, I would like to apologize to the other passengers onboard the American Airlines flight that I was thrown off of yesterday. It was never my intention to inconvenience anyone with my 'issue' with a certain flight attendant."

"I suppose a part of my frustration lay with the fact that I had flown American for over 20 years and was brand loyal, in the extreme."

"The ticket agents and Admiral's Club staff have always been nothing but abundantly helpful, as I have flown hundreds of thousands of miles with the one carrier."

"My confusion began when the flight, already a half hour behind schedule, boarded, the door closed, and we proceeded to sit at the gate for another 15 minutes."

"I then did what I have nearly always done and that was to pull out my phone to complete any other messaging I had to do before take off."

"In nearly all other instances, the flight attendants seemed to be unbothered by and said nothing about such activity, by me or anyone else, until we actually were pulling away from the gate."

"In this case, while other people were still manipulating their own phones, this one employee singled me out to put my phone away. Afterward, we still sat at the gate. I pulled out my phone again, while others did the same."

"Again, I was singled out by this woman in the most unpleasant of tones. I guess the fact that this woman, who had decided to make some example of me, while everyone else was left undisturbed, did get the better of me."

"However, I have learned a valuable lesson."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...