Gossip » Dakota & Elle Fanning Cover W Magazine December 2011

Dakota & Elle Fanning Cover W Magazine December 2011 
Dakota & Elle Fanning Cover W Magazine December 2011


Making for one of the more gorgeous spreads of recent memory, Dakota and Elle Fanning grace the cover of the December 2011 issue of W magazine.

The two beauties posed for an angelic shoot taken by photographer Mario Sorrenti while answering a full range of questions asked by Lynn Hirschberg.

Highlights from the Fanning ladies' interview are as follows. For more, be sure to visit W!

Elle's Interview

On whether Dakota is a nive older sister:
"She is a nice older sister. But it’s not like we always get along. Now that she’s going to college, it’s different. I went into her room at home in California, and all her clothes were gone! Her closet was empty! I don’t get to go in there and steal clothes anymore. It’s really strange. It’s sort of like she’s off making a movie, but this time she’s not coming back."

On her early role as a young Cate Blanchett in "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button:
"I was 9 years old during Benjamin Button. I had to wear a long red wig because [Cate] had red hair in the movie. I remember that. I had a great time on set. The director did a lot of takes, and he would say, “Take 50,” and I would just go do it again. I was only 9, so I thought that was fun."

On making the movie "Super 8":
"It was great! I was 12 when I did Super 8, and when Dakota was 12, she did War of the Worlds. Steven Spielberg was involved with both movies, so we both worked with Steven when we were 12."

On her semi-love scene in "Super 8":
"I didn’t have to kiss him. But it was a boy-girl scene, and we had to like each other in the movie. All the other boys made fun of us because we had to like each other. Did you have trouble pretending there was a monster about to attack you?"

On whether she's still taking ballet:
"Yes, five days a week. That’s something I always try to keep on my schedule. I would love to do a musical! Dakota did The Runaways, so she got to sing in that one."

On whether she watches "Dancing with the Stars":
Sometimes. We watch a lot of reality TV. My sister and I record Big Brother. We’re obsessed! And we love old game shows like Password and the original Family Feud. Also, me and my sister watch Criminal Minds. We record every episode, and we watch it every single night."

Dakota's Interview

On her decision to go to college:
"For the same reasons I wanted to go to a high school: You hear people say, 'Oh, when I was in high school' or 'When I was in college.' That defines a lot of who people are, and I didn’t want to miss out on that."

On her collegiate living situation:
"No roommates. Because I’m only 17, my mom is staying with me in my apartment for a little bit. She’s teaching me how to wash clothes and such. But I’m so excited to be on my own. In my house in L.A., we all feel that everything is everybody’s, and so doors are never really closed. My sister and I share a bathroom, and when you have a sibling, nothing is actually your own. I’ve never really had anything or any place that was just mine."

On becoming famous at such a young age:
"It’s all I’ve ever experienced, and it’s what I’m used to. When you’re 6 years old, which is when I started, I think you start forming how you think about things. I’ve dealt with being known for so long that it’s just kind of normal to me. And that attention comes with what I love to do, which is act."

On advice she's received to balance her personal life and career:
"I don’t know if I’ve ever gotten any formal advice, but I’ve always felt that you should never forget that you’re just a person. Even though you’re not like everyone else, you are just like everyone else. For instance, I met someone the other day, and they said, 'Hi, I’m so-and-so.' I said, 'Hi, I’m Dakota.' And they’re like, 'Yeah, I know.' But I can’t lose the fact that I still need to introduce myself to people even though they might already know my name or who I am. Oh, yeah, I guess you already know my name, but I’m going to say it anyway."

On whether she's ever considered not acting:
"I never have. It’s the only thing I feel like I know how to do well. I don’t really play any sports. [Laughs.] Maybe in college I’ll find something else to do if this doesn’t work out. But I’ve never wanted to do anything else."

Dakota & Elle Fanning Cover W Magazine December 2011 
Fanning Sisters
Dakota & Elle Fanning Cover W Magazine December 2011 
Fanning Sisters
Dakota & Elle Fanning Cover W Magazine December 2011 
Fanning Sisters
Dakota & Elle Fanning Cover W Magazine December 2011 
Fanning Sisters
Dakota & Elle Fanning Cover W Magazine December 2011 
Fanning Sisters
Dakota & Elle Fanning Cover W Magazine December 2011 
Fanning Sisters


Photo Credit: Mario Sorrenti for W
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...